If you have a position that you would like posted please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the impending retirement of our current Superintendent, the Board of Trustees invites applications for the position of Superintendent/CEO for Black Gold Regional Schools. Duties will commence July 1, 2019 or as mutually agreed.
Here in Black Gold, our core purpose is to inspire success, and our core values are student-focused learning, relationships, supportive environment, passion, and managing resources responsibly.
Approximately 11,500 students from kindergarten to grade twelve and approximately 400 children in pre-kindergarten are enrolled in 28 community schools, 2 outreach locations, 1 home-based school and I Hutterite Colony school. Quality instruction is delivered by approximately 705 teachers with assistance from 525 support staff.
The Division, directly south of Edmonton, extends from the New Sarepta area in the east to the Warburg area in the west. It is growing quickly in population and includes the municipalities of Beaumont, Calmar, City of Leduc, Leduc County, Devon, Thorsby and Warburg. The Division Office is located in Nisku.
The seven-member Board is committed to participative decision-making and a collaborative approach to system operation and policy/procedure development. Stakeholder groups are actively involved in contributing to the operation of the Division.
The operating budget for the seventh largest school authority in the province for 2018/19 is approximately $135,750,000.
Ready access to the international airport and the City of Edmonton and surrounding areas makes Nisku an especially attractive location. The area is renowned for its hosting of sporting and cultural events. Opportunities for educational, recreational and artistic pursuits throughout the year abound in the region!
Farm, acreage and city living provide diversity and options. It is an area with a colourful history and a very promising future.
The Board seeks an individual with broad educational leadership experience and demonstrated strong system/school leadership and classroom proficiency.
This position will be of interest to a highly skilled individual who demonstrates personal and professional integrity, is a student-centered, dynamic, innovative and visionary leader who can build on current Division strengths, can lead meaningful engagement with communities, and can work collaboratively with Alberta Education and other stakeholders and partners.
This highly ethical, politically astute educator will be firmly committed to student achievement and success, have a unique capability to develop leadership potential and will possess an ability to nurture a Division climate marked by staff wellness and positive working relationships.
This individual will highly value an involved Board, will support the leadership development of individual Board members and will demonstrate exceptional management skills.
The successful candidate must qualify for Alberta teaching certification, hold a Master’s degree in education or a related area as a minimum, and have broad-based leadership experience.
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Applications received prior to January 27, 2019 are assured careful consideration.
Email by January 27, 2019, a cover letter, curriculum vitae, most recent evaluation, and a list of at least five education references in a single PDF file to:
Mr. Terry Gunderson
Alberta School Boards Association
E: email@example.com P: 780.451.7116
Download the job posting including the required Qualification/Experience and "Role of the Superintendent" in PDF format.
Under the general direction of the Director of Education, the Associate Director is responsible for providing leadership, support and direction for the delivery of adequate and appropriate services to schools.
In addition, the Associate Director leads the development, review and maintenance of the Board’s Leadership Development Strategy and Policies.
- Provide leadership and expertise to the Superintendents of Education: School Leadership (Secondary and Elementary) in the effective and efficient operation of school sites and to address any contentious issues as they arise.
- ee the Curriculum, Programs and Assessment Services to achieve and maintain the highest quality of educational programs to meet the changing education needs of students and to recognize new developments in education that also includes the pedagogical approach for appropriate use of technology.
- Oversee the Student Services programs that include a variety of special education programs and services in local schools to provide the appropriate support for students with academic, physical, spiritual, social and emotional needs.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Board Leadership Development Strategy.
- Recommend, implement and administer all Board policies through collaboration with the various stakeholders of the Policy Steering Committee and Policy Review Committee.
- Develop various reports, documents and related materials as well as maintain the Associate Director’s office operating budget.
- Establish and maintain constructive communication and effective working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiate and lead various special projects throughout the year.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters Degree, M.Ed or M.A. or related field
- Completion of Ontario Supervisory Officer Qualification
- Minimum 10 years teaching experience and 5 years in a senior leadership position.
- Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers
- Specialist: Religious Education (Additional Basic Qualification Courses) or equivalent
Skills and Competencies:
- Outstanding leadership skills, demonstrated in a variety of positions of responsibility
- A clear understanding of the Board’s shared Vision
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to balance multiple and sometimes conflicting demands from various stakeholders
- emonstrate a commitment to the preservation and strengthening of publicly funded Catholic education
Interested applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and resume addressed to Ab Falconi, Director of Education. Applications must be submitted in care of Silvana Greco at the Catholic Education Centre, 320 Bloomington Road West, Aurora or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be received by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, January 25, 2019.
As a condition of employment with the York Catholic District School Board, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory "Vulnerable Sector Screening" (criminal record check) prior to the commencement of any employment duties.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA), please advise us prior to the posting closing date if you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
The York Catholic District School Board is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an environment of diversity and accessibility.
Guided by Gospel Values and Catholic Virtues, in partnership with home and Church, we educate and inspire all students to reach their full potential in a safe and caring environment.
Our students will become creative and critical thinkers who integrate Catholic Values into their daily lives, as socially responsible global citizens.
Download the job posting in PDF format.
The Lambton Kent District School Board is currently seeking a Director of Education for July 2019.
The Lambton Kent District School Board provides educational services to more than 21,000 students in 63 elementary and secondary schools with approximately 3,000 staff. The Board serves a large geographic area situated in Southwestern Ontario surrounded by the Great Lakes. The schools located in a number of urban and rural communities throughout the Municipality of Chatham-Kent, the City of Sarnia and the County of Lambton. Further information about the Lambton Kent District School Board is available at www.lkdsb.net.
The Director of Education will be responsible for providing leadership to continue building on the strategic approaches the Board has taken to improve student engagement and achievement. As an educational leader, the Director of Education will work with the Board to further enhance community confidence in public education, inspire teachers and a strong team of administrators and staff to support excellence in education. Innovative programming and positive relationships have been developed with its four First Nation partners along with other community organizations to ensure that the central focus remains on children and youth.
Candidates must possess Ontario Supervisory Officer's qualifications, or equivalent, as well as successful experience in an administration/leadership role in a school board. Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills and proven leadership abilities are essential in addition to a demonstrated commitment to equity and diversity for all.
The review of applications will commence in January 2019 with the appointment of the successful candidate to take effect ideally in July 2019. Applications, including a curriculum vitae, a letter of introduction and the names of five references (who will not be contacted without the consent of the candidate), should be submitted electronically by January 31, 2019, in confidence, to: email@example.com quoting Project # LKDSB0119.
A detailed candidate profile is currently under development. Requests for additional information on the role and/or confidential suggestions or nominations of suitable candidates may be submitted to the email address above - or by contacting Jordene Lyttle at firstname.lastname@example.org / (416) 850-1650 or Marilyn Gouthro at email@example.com / (807) 626-6042. All inquiries are confidential.
Download the job posting in PDF format.
As a Catholic Learning Community, we provide faith formation and academic excellence,
which enables our graduates to live a life of love and service in Christ.
The Board of Trustees is seeking an outstanding Catholic educator to assume the position of Director of Education & Secretary to the Board.
The successful candidate will lead a senior administration team consisting of four Superintendents, reporting to the elected, six member Board of Trustees and will demonstrate a strong commitment, through collaboration and consultation to the Board of Trustees on decisions of the Board.
The Director of Education & Secretary to the Board will be an individual with broad experience, demonstrated ability, and will:
- Be a practicing Catholic with a strong commitment to the Catholic faith and the philosophy of Catholic education;
- Have superior communication, interpersonal, management and executive skills;
- Be sensitive to the history, strengths and diversity within the Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board;
- Embrace a collaborative leadership style to promote a team building approach to problem solving in a time of education reform and transition;
- Be knowledgeable and astute in a wide range of school board operations; and
- Build partnerships and promote involvement of members of the educational community.
The Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board provides a Christ-centred education to over 10,000 students.
We employ over 700 teachers who are supported by a team of consultants, principals and administrators. Over 300 non- academic staff ensures that the best possible facilities, supports and resources are available to teachers, students and this system. The Board has an operating budget of approximately $120 million and encompasses the broad geographical area of the City of Brantford and the counties of Brant, Haldimand and Norfolk. We are located approximately one hour west of Toronto, one hour east of London and one hour south of Kitchener-Waterloo.
Candidates with Ontario Supervisory Officer qualifications are invited to submit an application which must include a cover letter, detailed resume, proof of qualifications, and names and contact information of three (3) professional references. A current pastoral reference must also be included in your application package.
Written authorization to contact all references is to be included with the application in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Applications must be received by 4:30 p.m., Thursday, January 31, 2019 addressed to the attention of:
Jim LoPresti – Corporate Services Advisor
Brant Haldimand Norfolk Catholic District School Board
322 Fairview Drive P.O. Box 217
Brantford, ON N3T 5M8
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Chris N. Roehrig
Download the job posting in PDF format.